

2 min readUpdated: Mar 15, 2026 11:03 AM IST
Amid tensions spiralling in the Middle East, the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) Sunday announced cancellation of Class XII board examinations for students studying in the affiliated schools across several Middle East countries.
In a circular, the board announced that all Class 12 examinations scheduled between March 16 and April 10, 2026, stand cancelled for students in Bahrain, Iran, Kuwait, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates.
According to the board, the decision was taken after reviewing the feasibility of conducting examinations in the region and considering inputs from schools and authorities in the affected countries. The CBSE said exams that had already been postponed through earlier circulars issued on March 1, 3, 5, 7 and 9 will also remain cancelled.
Important Update on CBSE Class XII Exams in Middle East Countries
CBSE has issued Circular -6 regarding cancellation of Board Exams of Class XII in Middle East countries
See attachment for further details pic.twitter.com/FfZc5vKMHT
— CBSE HQ (@cbseindia29) March 15, 2026
“The mode of declaration of results for Class XII candidates in these countries will be notified separately in due course,” the board said in the circular.
The directive has been issued to the principals of CBSE-affiliated schools across the affected countries, and copies have also been sent to Indian diplomatic missions in the region for information and necessary action.
Stay updated with the latest – Click here to follow us on Instagram
© IE Online Media Services Pvt Ltd

